A guide is a professional who leads individual clients or groups in the outdoors, a guide also teaches and trains others and is in charge of the risk management of the activities developed in the outdoors.
The guidance profession goes back to the beginning of outdoor sports history.
When you join the AEGM, you will be a member of the reference association for mountain guides and mountain leaders in Spain. Being a member, you will count on all the facilities to develop your job as a guide. You will be part of the most important professional association for guides in our country, an association that has representatives in every province.
Belonging to the AEGM you will have access to international credentials, formative programmes, and professional retraining. Furthermore, AEGM offers important discounts for liability and accident insurance policies, as well as discounts at mountain refuges and sport facilities.
How to join AEGM
Information and conditions
YOU MUST SEND ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION AND THE PROCEDURE WILL TAKE BETWEEN 2 AND 3 MONTHS.
To be a member of the AEGM, you must have one of these qualifications:
- Mountain Guide (Senior Sports Technician in High Mountain Terrain)
- Mountain Guide Aspirant (Sports Technician in High Mountain Terrain)
- Mountain Leader (Sports Technician in Mid – Mountain Terrain)
- Canyoning Guide (Sports Technician in Canyons)
- Rock Climbing Guide (Sports Technician in Rock Climbing)
Please send the following documents by postal mail to this address (AEGM, Avenida Juan XXIII, 5 22700 JACA ( Huesca) Telephone no.: (+34) 974 355 578), or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Application sheet (not necessary if you apply by email)
- Bank document in which you have your bank account data (bank, bank office, account number)
- Identification card – photocopy
- Qualification certificate – photocopy (in case you still do not have the official document, you can send a document to certify your studies, with the name of the school, grades, study programme and apprenticeships done, as well as a document for the degree request).
- Two recent photographs, same size and type as for ID card (white background, without sunglasses or mountain gear).
The fee to join the association is 100 euros (we split the payment between the two first years, so you will pay 50€ each year) and the annual fee is 100 euros that will be charged in your bank account. To join the AEGM you must do it between January and September for the present year. From October to December, we do not accept new members.
If you need civil liability insurance, you can access the offers in the associate’s area in our website. You have an online form to apply quickly and easily. You can also download the form and send it by postal mail.